16-19 Bursary Fund
The 16-19 Bursary Fund consists of two different types, and students are able to apply for one or other of the bursaries according to their financial circumstances. Only students who are eligible should apply.
A Vulnerable Bursary Fund of £1,200 per annum for students in the following categories:
- Young people who are 16-19 years, living independently and claiming Income Support or Universal Credit
- Young people who are looked after by the Local Authority
- Young people who are Care Leavers i.e. are no longer looked after by the Local Authority
- Young people who are 16-19 years, a parent and receiving Income Support or Universal Credit
- Young people who are 16-19 years and receive Income Support or Universal Credit for any reason
A Discretionary Bursary for students who are in a situation of particular financial hardship which is preventing them from making the required progress.
The Education Funding Agency guidelines advise that it is best practice to pay ‘in kind’ rather than cash e.g. bus pass, text books, equipment and field trips. The amount of funding allocated to the individual student will depend upon the individual financial circumstances of the student and the number of students who have access to the fund. Up to £100 of the bursary payment can be allocated to uniform purchase. If you believe you are entitled to a bursary please keep any receipts related to purchase of uniform to make a claim.
For further guidance about the 16-19 Bursary Fund can be found by clicking here.
All applicants for the Bursary Fund should complete an application form, which can be found be clicking here.
An expenses claim form for the Bursary Fund can be found by clicking here.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact our Business Manager, Mrs Darroch.