Year 8 Pastoral Structure
Our Pastoral Care
We believe that it is important to consider the pastoral care of our pupils first because if your daughter is happy she will learn effectively and thrive. Conversely if she is unhappy or worried she will struggle in her lessons and find it difficult to make friendships.
The Year 8 Team
Pastoral Leader Mr M Whisker
8U Mrs H Jones
8H Ms C Bascetta
8C Ms J Cochrane
8S Mrs F Bailey
8J Miss T Clare
If you have any worries or concerns, no matter how minor, please do not hesitate to contact the Form Teacher. Please telephone Reception and leave a message and the Form teacher will get back to you or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who to contact for advice
For guidance on:
The content of the curriculum Ms A Murphy (Deputy Head)
Special Needs e.g. learning difficulties, Mr P McAleese (Deputy Head)/Mrs N Griffiths (Assistant Head)
physical impairment, medical issues
Problems concerning school work, Form Teacher or Mr M Whisker (Pastoral Leader - Year 8)
progress and conduct
Questions relating to Music Tuition Mrs C Hulme (Head of Music)
Careers Advice Mrs K Douglas (Careers Advisor)
All of the above named staff can be contacted through the main switchboard on 0151 677 7696.
- The school’s target for attendance is 97% and it is vitally important that your daughter does not miss school unless she is really ill.
- You should telephone school on her first day of absence and send a note when she returns to school after her illness. Please mark the absent note clearly with your daughter’s name, form and the dates when she was absent.
- A reminder that the absence line number is 641 8133
- Medical appointments etc. should be made outside of school hours whenever possible.
- Family holidays should not be taken during school time.
- Work copied up is not an adequate replacement for being in the lesson when a topic is taught.
Your daughter must be in school each day by 8.30am. She must also ensure that she arrives on time for each of her lessons throughout the day.