The FCJ Educational Trust
The Trust was established by the congregation of the Faithful Companions of Jesus to work with schools to ensure that they operate within the teachings, tenets and practices of the Catholic Church in accordance with the ethos reflecting the FCJ charism.
The five schools in England and Jersey which comprise the FCJ Educational Trust are;
- Gumley House School FCJ
- Maria Fidelis School FCJ
- Bellerive Catholic College FCJ
- Upton Hall School, FCJ, Upton
- FCJ Primary School Jersey
As members of the Trust, we have been able to share and reap the benefits of many of the achievements and activities which the FCJ Educational Trust provide, including;
- Facilitation for 250 Sixth Form students from different FCJ schools to attend a conference hosted by Gumley on ‘Fake News’, which included guest speaker Fergal Keane.
- Sharing of best practice to continue our support and deliver educational tools on mental health and resilience for students.
- Curriculum leadership training for 17 curriculum leaders across all FCJ schools.
- School Improvement support including; Ofsted preparation and curriculum changes
- Teacher Training and Induction based on established materials created specifically within the Trust.
- Leadership Training to ensure strong leadership across the Trust combining knowledge and experiences to work on challenges and solutions together
- Governors and Trustees can draw on each other’s experiences to formulate strategic approaches.
The Trustees are as follows;
- Sister Brenda Wallace fcJ, Chair (former Headteacher of Gumley House)
- Sister Josephine Grainger fcJ,
- Sister Moira Cashmore fcJ
- Sister Brigid Halligan fcJ, Treasurer