Teacher of English for September 2021
Serving a cohort of students from a range of different backgrounds, Upton Hall School FCJ is an 11-18 Catholic Girls’ Grammar School in Wirral with academy status. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. Academic standards are very high and our pupils and Sixth Form students make exceptional progress. There are approximately 980 pupils and Sixth Form students on roll and we are regularly oversubscribed. English facilities are outstanding. As well as academic success, we strive to ensure all students enjoy a fully rounded education, allowing them to fulfil their potential.
This post will suit a dynamic, well qualified teacher who is able to teach English throughout the school including Advanced Level.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent academic qualifications
- A passion for English and a clear agenda for its development in a selective school including the promotion of reading and literature
- A determination to achieve outstanding results
- An ability to use ICT for teaching and learning
- A commitment to offering a rich variety of extra curricular activities
- A willingness to contribute to the ethos of the school
Upton Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
For application forms and further details contact the school or visit the web site.
Applications* (no CVs) to be returned by email to school (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by:
Closing date: Monday 24 May 2021 at 10am
Interviews: Wednesday 26 May 2021
*Please note only CES application forms will be accepted.