In this section you wil find information regarding Safeguarding including E-safety.
Safeguarding Link Governors
Upton has three Safeguarding Link Governors, they are:
Mrs K Green (Chair of Governors), Mrs S Moore and Mrs N Teare. They are responsible for SEN and Safeguarding and work with the school to ensure that robust procedures are in place and in practice.
Each half term Ms A Murphy writes to parents with an e-safety bulletin. This is so school and home can work in partnership to keep our pupils safe on the internet and ensure that electronic communication is a positive aspect of their lives.
- April 2015: Trusting myself - trusting my selfie
- July 2015: Nude selfies - what parents need to know, On line resilience
- October 2015: The internet - an inspiring and positive place
- December 2015: CEOP new website
- February 2015: Safer Internet Day - 9 February 2016
- Digital Parenting Magazine
- February 2016 E Safety Adviser Schools' Newsletter - Mrs Smith advises that this is the most recent newsletter from Alan Mackenzie, who is an e-safety adviser. There are some interesting articles on risky behaviour, neuroscience and cyber psychology.
- April 2016 E Safety Newsletter - Using Snapchat