We hope you are looking forward to joining us in September to study A level Product Design.
We follow the AQA specification, which can be found here
I hope you will be inspired, engaged and full of questions by the time we start in September!
Essential Maths Skills
- Complete the ‘Design Styles and Influences’ booklet on this page.
- In a sketchbook, create a visual learning map of the following:
- Polymers including elastomers
- Each map should include the general characteristics of the material, associated processes (addition, wasting and redistribution), joining and finishing.
- To help, use the link below to the department’s revision guide for the whole A-Level
In the same sketchbook, spend a total of ten hours over the course of the Summer working through sketching tutorials from "product designer maker" on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/productdesignermaker/videos. Pay attention to how forms are made through clever use of construction lines and boxes. This builds on the work you started in Year 9 and built on at GCSE.