Details of the curriculum for KS3 and KS4 are included here split into Year group information. Click on the relevant tab on the left to access this.
The PE Department strives to achieve the following aspirational aims for our students:
- Enable all students to experience and enjoy a wide range of sporting activities.
- Embed a love for sport and create a sporting habit for life.
- Promote the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlight the benefits of exercise on the body.
- Provide extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in sport and physical activity.
- Develop student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural experiences through intra and inter school sport competitions.
- Allow students to gain coaching and leadership qualifications when working with young children through PE and school sport.
- Enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities
- To continue to develop community club links including links to clubs suitable for development of our high achieving national hopefuls.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to PE and school sport, irrespective of their ethnic origin, religion, sexuality or academic ability
Mrs Fox-Parry studied a BA (Hons) degree in Physical Education with QTS at John Moore’s University. She has been teaching at Upton Hall since 2004. Sport is her passion and enjoys watching and playing various sports. Her greatest accomplishment was representing her country in Netball to U19 level.
Miss Butterworth studied a BA (Hons) Sports development with PE at John Moore’s University. She then went on to complete a school’s direct placement to gain her teaching qualification. She enjoys playing various sports and is very competitive. Her greatest accomplishment was playing hockey for Formby hockey club in the Olympic park.
Miss Statham studied a BA (Hons) in Physical Education at Leeds metropolitan university and then went onto complete a PGCE at Liverpool John Moore’s. She enjoys playing various sports but Dance is her passion. Her greatest accomplishment was a European British Isles and Irish masters champion in Disco Freestyle.
Mr Corless from September 2022 - to cover for Miss Statham on maternity leave
Work from the department.
Videos – Gymnastics and trampolining video demonstrating high quality Physical Education
For more information: