We hope you are looking forward to joining us in September to study A level English Literature.
We follow the AQA specification, which can be found here
We want you to be inspired, engaged and full of questions by the time we start in September!
Mrs B Seed
- Year 11 to A-Level English Literature TasksPDF File
- Year 11 to A-Level English Literature - Essential Wider Reading ActivitiesPDF File
There is no textbook that we require students to buy. This is because centres are given a broad range of course content to select from and therefore, some of the material that is covered in the textbook is not relevant to the course studied at Upton. However, the following textbook does have a lot of useful information on the course structure, the examinations and past paper practice, particularly for the unseen components.
Useful websites for Year 1 of the course:
1. AQA English Literature Specification A: home page
2. AQA English Literature: Assessment Materials:
3. AQA English Literature: Advice on NEA
4. Othello: Shakespeare No Fear
5. A-level English Literature Workbook: AQA A Anthology: Love Poetry Through the Ages – Hodder Education Workbook Part 1 Pre-1900 Poems
6. The Great Gatsby Study Guide
7. N.E.A. ‘A Doll’s House’ – research the historical context
8. To source academic secondary research for the N.E.A.
Set Text Reading list:
1.Shakespeare, Othello By Rex Gibson Othello (Cambridge School Shakespeare) (3rd Edition) ASIN: B00NBDI046
2. AQA Love Through the Ages Pre - 1900 Poetry Anthology List
3.Ibsen, Henrik A Doll’s House, Penguin Classics, ASIN: B01A6CSJ7M
4.Fitzgerald, F. S. The Great Gatsby, Wordsworth Classics, ISBN 13 9781853260414
5.Duffy, Carol Ann, Feminine Gospels (September 3, 2010) Paperback ASIN: B015X581Y8
6.Yates, Richard, Revolutionary Road, Vintage Classics ASIN: B004GKMUWQ
7.Williams, Tennessee, A Streetcar Named Desire, Penguin Classics ISBN-13: 978-0141190273
Wider Reading List - NEA (Non-Examined Assessment – or coursework):
Please see the attached list in Related Documents Below
Please see the attached tasks in Related Documents Below