Assistant Head of English TLR2b required
Assistant Head of English
TLR 2b (current value £4,214)
Serving a cohort of students from a range of different backgrounds, Upton Hall School FCJ is an 11-18 Catholic Girls’ Grammar School in Wirral with academy status. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. Academic standards are very high and our pupils and Sixth Form students make exceptional progress. There are approximately 980 pupils and Sixth Form students on roll and we are regularly oversubscribed. English facilities are outstanding. As well as academic success, we strive to ensure all students enjoy a fully rounded education, allowing them to fulfil their potential.
This post will suit a dynamic, well qualified teacher with a successful track record of teaching English throughout the School.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of achieving excellent results
- A desire to develop the capacity for subject leadership
- A passion for English and a clear agenda for its development in a selective school including the promotion of reading and literature
- The ability to inspire and lead pupils and colleagues
- An ability to use ICT for teaching and learning
- A commitment to offering a rich variety of extra curricular activities
- A willingness to contribute to the ethos of the school
Upton Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications (no CVs) to be returned by email to school (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by:
Closing date: 23 September at 10am
Interviews: 6 October 2020