Head of Chemistry - September 2019
We are seeking a Head of Chemistry for September 2019. Find out more...
Head of Chemistry
TLR 2 (currently £4,101)
Required for 1 September 2019
Serving a cohort of students from a range of different backgrounds, Upton Hall School FCJ is an 11-18 Catholic Girls’ Grammar School in Wirral with academy status. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. Academic standards are very high and our pupils and 6th form students make exceptional progress. There are approximately 980 pupils and Sixth Form students on roll and we are regularly oversubscribed. Science facilities are outstanding. As well as academic success, we strive to ensure all students enjoy a fully rounded education, allowing them to fulfil their potential.
This post will suit a dynamic, experienced teacher with a successful track record of teaching Chemistry at all levels.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for teaching Chemistry
- Evidence of pupil successes
- Experience of teaching able students at GCSE and A level
- A determination to achieve outstanding results and a proven track record
- An ability to use ICT for teaching and learning
- A capacity to use personal initiative in enhancing the work of the department
- The ability to inspire and lead pupils and colleagues.
- A willingness to contribute to the ethos of the school
Upton Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DRB disclosure.
For application forms and further details contact the school or visit the web site.
Applications to be returned by email to school (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by:
Closing date: Monday 11 March 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 19 March 2019