Careers and Higher Education Evening Wednesday 14 March 2018
Careers and Higher Education Evening, taking place on Wednesday 14 March 2018 - 6.00pm-8.00pm
All pupils from Year 9 - Year 13 and their parents are welcome.
Upton Hall School’s careers fair is a biennial event where a large number of employers, apprenticeship organisations, gap year representatives and university admissions tutors meet together to help provide pupils and parents with information, guidance and advice in preparation for the future.
The careers fair will enable pupils to:
- Conduct research to help with future decisions and to explore various career opportunities.
- Meet employers and university admissions tutors face-to-face
- Make personal contacts that can lead to work experience or work shadowing opportunities.
- Gather information from potential employers about school leaver schemes and higher apprenticeships, and find out what each of them values in its employees.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and to gain valuable insights into the world beyond school.
During the evening representatives will be running talks in individual classrooms on the following:
- Broadcast Journalism
- Apprenticeships (Degree and Higher Level)
- Law Psychology
- Veterinary Medicine
- Marketing (TBC)
Please click here to see the other representatives that will be available in the school hall and common room to answer individual questions and offer one to one advice and guidance.